British Marine Members Area
Are you a British Marine ember wanting to run an On The Water event?
On The Water is a 5-year project from British Marine. The objectives are to increase the number of people taking part in watersports and boating as part of an active lifestyle and promote British Marine members.
On The Water provides people with the information and inspiration that they need to get started in boating across a range of exciting and fun water-based activities.
Dinghy Sailing | Kayaking/Canoeing | Yacht Sailing | Windsurfing | Rowing
Standup Paddleboarding | Wakeboarding | Inland Boating
Personal Watercraft | Waterskiing | Motor Cruising
How Does On The Water Work?
On The Water engages with potential new boaters and watersports participants through a number of channels:-
- Activity-based events i.e. On The Water Dartmouth hosted by BMF South West region www.onthewater.co.uk - providing beginners with information and resources
- Email campaign - updates on what's happening, promoting events, news and offers
- Social media (FaceBook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr)
- PR - National and regional and boating press
Free Event Marketing Resources
There are a wide selection of resources to help you promote your involvement and events. These assets are only available to British Marine members and are designed to help you reduce the costs and workload in planning and hosting boating events - CLICK HERE
Partners and Industry Stakeholders
We currently work closely with the partners below to promote the UK's leisure marine industry across a range of initiatives such as the RYA's 'Push The Boat Out' event, the BCU's Go Canoeing Campaign
Member Opportunities & How to Get Involved
On The Water is looking to work with British Marine members to join this exciting campaign and harness the public's interest in boating and watersports. Share your passion and knowledge for the water with those who haven't yet discovered all the benefits of boating.
There are lots of ways that increase your reach, get your brand noticed and get involved:
- A Target Audience of New Boaters - We can connect you to potential new boaters and occasional boaters through our channels - website, events, email campaign, social media sites and PR.
- Your Events - Hosting your own event? Apply to download our FREE marketing resources.
- On The Water Events - Join us at a local event and talk with people interested in boating and watersports
- Free marketing - We can promote your events to new boaters and watersports participants via our website and social media - add your events!
- Advertising - Reach new boaters through www.onthewater.co.uk There are lots of opportunities for paid advertising across the site - contact us for the rate card.
- Content - Send us your beginners guides or cruising itineraries so we can promote boating in your area on our regional guides.
- Promotion - Display our web banner or logo on your website, or add a link to the On The Water website - On The water is an informative beginner's guide to boating and watersports www.onthewater.co.uk
During the course of the year we will update you about what is happening via British Marine Latest News, On The Water Email and through your Association, and also gather your ideas and feedback. If you have any good ideas or suggestions, we would love to hear from you.